Wednesday, August 19, 2009

yesterday's work

So yesterday I completed a painting. Technically in terms of application it is acceptable. The colors are another story. I feel like I'm stuck on yellows. This happened before. I feel like this is a side affect of atmospheric perspective, that is using warm colors in the foreground neutral colors in the middle ground and cooler colors in the background. Because I'm shooting for a lot of depth in my compostions, the combination of those schemes works best. Using color combinations that do not fit into that scheme causes the composition to read flat. This is unacceptable. One solution that could solve this problem is monochromes. But I only know a few colors well enough to get maybe 4 paintings out of it.
Well we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment